Laws Railroad Museum and Histroical Site Banner.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Return to HomeLink to The Story of Laws
Link to Exhibits
Link to Special Events
Link to Membership Information
Link to Volunteer Projects
Link to the Links of Interest

Exhibits

The Museum exhibits include a variety of historic buildings saved from destruction and preserved at this site.  Each building contains exhibits of artifacts and collections as briefly described below.  The Museum buildings have been set up to represent a village surrounding the railroad depot.  With the exception of the original depot and the agent's house, the original village of Laws was gone by 1959, the year before the railroad shut down.
RECEPTION CENTER - Gifts and booksPhoto of exhibits looking south from the reception center. for sale

CAMERA DISPLAY - Antique cameras and photos

TRADING POST - Thrift store and collectibles for sale

GENERAL STORE - Early western store

WESTERN DISPLAY - Saddles, brands and antique hearse

POST OFFICE - Last original Laws Post Office

STOVE ROOM - Antique stoves

PRINT SHOP - Printing equipment dating to 1880

Photo of original 1883 Agent house.

PIONEER BUILDING - Antique bathtubs, guns, radios, telephones, pianos, sewing machines and military items

FIRE STATION - Operational Antique fire equipment and autos.

MEDICAL BUILDING - Old medical and dental displays & barber shop

TEXTILE BUILDING - Old time clothing, sewing and beauty shop

ORIGINAL 1883 AGENT HOUSE - Featuring antique furnishings and kitchen.

 

Photo of Original 1883 Laws Depot

 

ORIGINAL 1883 DEPOT - Railroad memorabilia and model train displays

 

 

 

 

 

Photo of Engine #9 and freight cars

 

 

ENGINE #9 AND FREIGHT CARS - Climb into the cab and ring the bell

 

 

 

Photo of Caboose #1

 

CARSON AND COLORADO CABOOSE #1 -
Built in 1883 in the V & T shops in Carson City

 

 

Photo of original Pine Creek Mine engine and ore car

 

 

OLD SMOKEY AND THE FIRST AID CAR - Came from the Pine Creek Tungsten Mine.  Restored and operational in 2008.

 

Photo of fully restored and operational 1927 Death Valley RR Motor Car #5

 

DEATH VALLEY CAR - 1927 Self-propelled car from the Death Valley Railroad.  Restored in 2004, ride it during the summer.

BOX CAR VILLAGE - Old box cars from the original railroad in the valley.  (Not open to public)

OIL AND WATER TANKS- Used to refuel the steam locomotives.

RAILROAD TIE BARN - small shed built with old Railroad ties

1938 WATER WELL

ORIGINAL 1883 TURNTABLE - Still spins!  Contact Train Barn personnel for a try at it!Photo of Mining display stamp mill.

ANTIQUE FARM EQUIPMENT

MINING EQUIPMENT AND ORE PROCESSING MILL

MINER SHACK

ASSAY OFFICE

AUTO GARAGE

BLACKSMITH SHOP

ANTIQUE TOOL DISPLAY

WAGON BARN - Old wagons, some operational, and a replica wagon repair shop

Photo of restored 1900  ranch house containing doll collection

 

ORIGINAL 1909 NORTH INYO SCHOOL HOUSE - Local school history

GAZEBO - Great spot for a wedding!

LIBRARY AND ARTS - Also antique musical instruments

BELL RACK - ring the bells

WELLS FARGO BUILDING - Rock displays, assay equipment, Indian artifacts

BOTTLE HOUSE - Extensive bottle display

RANCH HOUSE - Restored circa 1900 ranch house

Home | Story of Laws | Special Events | Exhibits | Volunteer Projects | Membership Information | Links